DentaQuest would like to wish you a happy and safe holiday season!
It has been a great year and we want to thank all of our colleagues and partners for their work to improve the oral health of all in 2013. We thought it would be fun to take a look back at some of our most popular blog posts this year.
1. Let’s start with our post on dental office safety, which outlined key questions you should ask your dentist to ensure that you are being treated in a safe (and sanitary) environment each time you visit.
2. Probably the biggest news in health care this year was the rollout of the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare. Check out why we believe it is so important that pediatric dental was included as 1 of the 10 essential health benefit. All children should have access to dental care as part of maintaining good oral health, so we are committed to working with the dental community and policymakers to ensure that all children have this benefit.
3. Third, we met Dr. John Luther, our new Senior Vice President of Dental Management and Chief Dental Officer at DentaQuest. Our readers loved meeting the new member of our team through his blog post.
4. We also learned about the danger of parents putting their child’s pacifier in their own mouth to clean it, which can transfer harmful bacteria into their child’s mouth and ultimately cause cavities. Early tooth decay can quickly put kids at a lifelong disadvantage.
5. And last, our favorite blog post of the year featured our new infographic, which displays key facts about oral health in America. Did you know that dental disease is five times more common in children than asthma?
We hope you enjoyed following our blog this year and we look forward to bringing you even more informative and engaging posts in 2014.