Thursday, January 31, 2013

DentaQuest Welcomes Dr. John Luther!


Guest Post by Dr. John Luther, DentaQuest Senior Vice President of Dental Management and Chief Dental Officer

Hello Everyone!

My name is Dr. John Luther and I have recently been appointed Senior Vice President of Dental Management and Chief Dental Officer here at DentaQuest.

With its mission to improve the oral health of all and to use unique and innovative strategies to prevent and eradicate dental disease, DentaQuest and I share a common mission and I couldn’t ask for a better match.
Having previously practiced dentistry for 20 years in California, I thoroughly enjoyed my family dental practice, especially when engaging and interacting with patients. I come to DentaQuest from UnitedHealthcare, where I served as the Chief Dental Officer, primarily responsible for dental network utilization management, disease management and wellness programs. Prior to working for United, I served as Senior Vice President of the American Dental Association, with primary responsibility for dental practice, dental benefits, access, prevention, intra-professional relations, informatics and the health policy center.

My true passion lies in the development of new treatment and financial models for care delivery. In my new role, I hope to collaborate with all of the gifted staff at DentaQuest and bring together best practices around dental treatment, network management and new reimbursement models to drive our success. My other interests include health literacy, patient-centered integrated care and medical/dental collaboration.   

I am extremely excited to be here, to meet the rest of the staff and other thought leaders with whom DentaQuest works and plan to work toward a bright future for oral healthcare.

Best,
Dr. Luther