Executive Director, Safety Net Solutions
- Flint Hills Community Health Center based in Emporia, Kansas, has become increasingly more efficient and is now functioning according to a more sustainable business model. Since collaborating with the Institute’s Safety Net Solutions team, the health center stabilized its balance sheet, improved its scheduling processes, decreased the patient no-show rate from 20 percent to 13 percent, and increased patient visits by 17 percent.
- Health Partnership Clinic, based in Olathe and Paola, Kansas, successfully transitioned from a free clinic to a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) in just 18 months. Collaborating with the Institute’s Safety Net Solutions team, the clinic improved its administrative infrastructure, patient flow, and operational processes. Patient visits have increased by 450 percent and preventive services for patients less than 21 years of age have increased by 142 percent.
- Fish River Rural Health, located in Eagle Lake, Maine, has become increasingly more productive and effective in providing care to the local community. Since collaborating with the Institute’s Safety Net Solutions team, Fish River Rural Health decreased the patient no-show rate, increased revenue and more than doubled its patient base, which has allowed it to achieve financial sustainability and serve many more individuals.
- Columbus Neighborhood Health Center in Columbus, Ohio was funded to receive technical assistance from Safety Net Solutions by the Ohio-based Osteopathic Heritage Foundations. This health center faced the dual challenges of a high no-show rate and a large number of uninsured patients. Through work with the Safety Net Solutions team, Columbus Neighborhood Health Center was able to add many more children to their program. It also reduced patient no-show rates, increased the number of overall visits, and closed the gap between net revenue and expenses.
- Esperanza Health Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has become more productive and effective in providing oral care in their region. Since collaborating with the Institute’s Safety Net Solutions team, the clinic has increased patient visits by 53 percent, decreased the no-show rate, and increased preventive services provided to patients less than 21 years of age by an astounding 700 percent.